Tuesday, March 11, 2008

long day


Today has been a looooooong day.  Chris has all day meetings this week so he was out the door at 7:20 (he usually stays until 8:30 or so) and he won't be home until after the kids go to bed :(

Aiden had his first appt with Dr. Tara today. She said it was a good appt and she wants his next one (at the end of the month) to be with just me. At this age it's about counseling the parents as much as counseling the child. I agree and appreciate all the help I can get.  I am reading 1-2-3 Magic a discipline book that the OT recommended and so did Dr. Tara. It's good. Basic. Started implementing the idea today, even though Chris hasn't had a chance to read it, out of frustration. It worked really well, basically you count to three.  Te, he sounds simple doesn't it :)  There is a little more to it than that but that's the basic idea. For the moment it's working and I am happy to not feel like EVERY little thing is an argument.

Right now the boys are watching Cars. Zach has finished his homework. I am starting to get hungry (started Weight Watchers AGAIN yesterday) taking the boys to Wendy's, shhhh don't tell Chris. I will be having spinach risotto from the other night. But the thought of a hamburger makes me start to salivate. Luckily they don't have good fries, fries are my downfall. 

2 comments:

Jenny said...

There is something in the air, Parker has been a wild man! I feel like the "terrible twos" is beginning, officially.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! Anyone in for 6:30 bedtime?