Saturday, March 8, 2008

Blizzard '08


It finally stopped snowing around 5PM today. We did go grocery shopping, we didn't have a choice really. The roads/stores were pretty empty and we were thankful for 4 wheel drive as the roads were poorly cleared. I'm not sure how many inches the area got but Chris estimates it to be around 12 inches total. Since we were stuck in the house we decided to clean, fun I know, in one hour we were able to:
scrub the kitchen chairs and table
wash the downstairs windows
put away 2 loads of laundry
wash another 6 loads of laundry (obviously this took place all day :)
wash the kitchen floor, bathroom floors, entry way, and mudroom floor
take the toilet seats off all the toilets in the house and scrub them down (the males in this house have poor aim)
vacuum downstairs
use a magic sponge on the downstairs walls and doors
clean the kitchen counters and appliances
clean up the toys/books in the playroom
cleaned up the mudroom
The boys helped us to clean up, they're so useful :)
I also worked a little in the basement but there is still so MUCH to do, maybe tomorrow we'll take an hour and tackle the upstairs.
I am now looking forward to watching some TV and resting, hopefully the boys burned enough energy today that they will go right to sleep.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Can you come over to my house?

Anonymous said...

Kristin,
Linda and I
L O V E
your photos and notes. We don't make comments (or haven't), but we check for new stuff every day (usually two or more times). This is the ULTIMATE scrapbook, for us -- real-time views into the Palmer Lifestyle, with professional-quality narration. Please keep doing this!!!
Love and hugs to all (even the furry ones),
Dave