Wednesday, March 19, 2008

flood


We have been having a lot of rain lately and woke up today to find our basement flooded.  (Funny side note, I was in the shower when Aiden came running in and said "Mom, Dad needs your help Iz-pup died in the basement" luckily I knew that he meant our sump-pump and not our dog Iz-pup :) Anyhow, we threw out 12 yard bags full of things we couldn't save. It could have been a lot worse, 2 of our neighbors basements flooded and they both have finished basements.   I took this picture after we had been cleaning water for about 2 hours, when we started cleaning the water was about 2 inches deep from corner to corner, only a few spots were dry. We are still drying out but nothing was lost that can't be replaced.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

OMG!!!

linda said...

I know from experience what an awful feeling it is to find water inside your home. yuk!