A long time ago I was tagged by my good friend Kristi Murillo and I am just now getting around to doing it. So here it goes:
20 Years Ago 1988 (!)
I was almost 11, in 6th Grade with my favorite teacher ever Mrs. Taylor. I was into writing "poetry" and hung out with my friends Leena, Jessica, and Mia. I don't really remember anything else.
10 Years Ago 1998
Chris and I were approaching our 2 year anniversary. We were living in Rantoul in old military housing. There was vinyl flooring throughout and the floor tilted so that when Chris was studying at his desk his chair would roll away unless he held onto the edge of the desk. Some other random things: eating Monicals pizza at least once a week, our neighbors chicken noodle soup coming through our laundry line and flooding our apartment with soup- it was nasty and smelled for days, making my own jumpers to save money, going to my parents at least once a week and eating dinner with them, and how loud the air conditioner was.
5 Years Ago 2003
I was pregnant with Aiden. He was due in a little over a month. Zach was a little over 2. We were living in Niskayuna, NY and apple season was about over. It was my last days with just Zach. I remember that I was pretty uncomfortable by this point and rolling over at night was a big production. Our house was starting to feel small but now I miss that "small" house like crazy.
3 Years Ago 2005
We were new to Cincinnati but I was hooked up with my playgroup and they became my best friends. I miss them like crazy (half of the playgroup has moved away). Zach was in his second year of pre-school and that is how I met Roberta another good friend. Aiden was about to turn 2 and was a handful my days were very busy.
This Year 2008
Zach is in second grade and he is doing well even though his teacher is very strict. Aiden is doing great in his second year of pre-school and things with him are starting to level out. I am still busy, perhaps busier than ever before but on most days I am loving every minute of it.
Yesterday
Aiden and I went to MOPS, I love attending every month. We learned about once a month cooking and I am going to try it, at least freezing 8-12 meals. It's hard when most of your meals are vegetarian because there aren't a lot of veggies that freeze well.
Tomorrow
Aiden and I have Miss Abby in the morning and playgroup in the afternoon.
Next Year
I have no idea. Zach will be in third grade. Aiden will be starting Kindergarten. I will have 5 free mornings a week. I imagine I will volunteer at the Kindergarten Center but I don't know what else I will be up to.
No comments:
Post a Comment