Sunday, February 10, 2008

May


This is May.  Isn't she sweet?  I so wanted to be her forever home.  It was not meant to be. We saw her at the Humane Society and decided to participate in their Dog for a Day program where we could bring her home for 24 hours and see how she worked out. Our first stop was the vet because she had "kennel cough." When we got to the vet we found out she had a fever, we could deal with a sick dog-no problem. Then the vet told us she was a pit bull mix. Now, that, that IS a problem.  With great sadness we decided to return her.  I just don't know her history and I can't trust her around my children, what if she bit some one?  I would never forgive myself. So May is back at the shelter.  I keep checking petfinder to see if she's been adopted.  I miss her.

No comments: