Blogger is being picky about my pictures again. Grrrr.
This top picture is from Zach's Blue belt test. He's the one kicking.
The sparring is the hardest for me to watch. All sort of horrible thoughts go through my head, but it is Zach's favorite part of karate and so I cheer him on and am so excited when he does well--even if inside I am shaking. All moms do that, though, don't we? Put aside the desire to wrap our kids in bubble wrap and keep them in their rooms, instead letting them go out and experience life and the world so they can find their place and their passion.
The bottom picture is at home after the test.
Last day of school. I don't like this shirt. It's not his personality at all. But I'm letting go, even though I want to hold on.
More karate. This was the test for his red belt. He was able to take 2 weeks of karate camp and go to 5 classes a week this summer and that helped him progress a bit. This time he's sparring with one of the black belts-an instructor. (His favorite instructor :) See Zach's foot position? Perfection.
Accepting congrats and his new belt. Going over what he will learn as a red belt.
Look how sweaty he is!
The other camp Zach did was a College for kids class. I kept telling him to sign up early but he didn't-I think he was hoping I would change my mind about making him take a class. By the time he signed up all the ones he really wanted like Robotics and Mythbusters were already full so he took a Piñata class. :) He had fun even if there was only one other boy in the class.
Breaking the piñata. Because that's what you're supposed to do.
Our birthday gift to him. Drums. He plays percussion in the band and was so thrilled when he saw his gift. He doesn't play much though. I know he would play more if we paid for lessons but with karate and Aiden's tutoring there just isn't the money right now.
Chris, however, sneaks up there and plays every chance he can. Although once he starts playing he loses the sneaky factor :)
Zach's party. A sleepover. 6 boys total. Zach and another boy stayed up all night. I'm not sure I will let him have that many boys over again anytime soon. But the boys were all sweet kids. No problems. Other than than not sleeping part.
I can't believe he's 11.
Although Zach went to various camps and ran errands with me and was required to read everyday and went to karate at least once, sometimes twice a day this is how he spent much of his summer.
Playing video games.
Sigh.
I let him because he works hard all school year and it is summer after all. School year we have instituted strict limits on electronic time. But summer is summer.
Tomorrow I'm hoping to write about all Chris and I accomplished over the summer. Next week I want to post about our vacation, and some room changes we've been making.
No comments:
Post a Comment