While the boys were having fun this summer Chris and I were working. I shuttled the boys around to appointments, classes, bus stop, etc. Chris worked at work :)
In July it became obvious that we needed to defrost our garage freezer. So for two weeks we worked on eating the food in there. Then after it was defrosted I had to fill it back up. So for about 3 days I worked on making meals to fill the freezer back up. I made shrimp linguine, mexican shells, best chicken ever, stroganoff, hamburgers, spaghetti sauce, and I separated and froze chicken breasts. It was a huge undertaking but it was so nice to be able to know that on busy nights I can pull a meal from the freezer.
One of the other things I made was tofu curry. I don't like tofu but Chris does so I make a big batch and freeze them in individual portions for him to take to work for lunch. Win-win.
Another kitchen adventure was making freezer jam. Chris likes to use it for strawberry lemonade. I use it on bread. The boys don't touch it. But I refuse to buy jelly from the store while we have a bunch of jelly in the freezer so for the time being they are on a PB&J strike.
One of the exciting things of the summer was the purchase of my new to me van. I love it!!!! Love, love, love! I have no idea how I went so long without it.
Every chance we got we made trips out to the beach. I love it there. I mostly spend my time digging for beach glass. I'm going to miss the lake when we move.
Chris didn't have much downtime but when he did, he was a pillow for Royal Queen Allie.
He built a shed that was just a touch too small. Not his fault, it was a manufacturer problem....we are working to remedy it before it starts to snow.
Both boys enjoy chess. Chris does as well. I'm learning to enjoy it.
Remember how I got a new van. A few weeks later Chris got a new car.
We are now a two Toyota family.
That was our summer, except for vacation which I will post next week.
Have a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment