Thursday, August 4, 2011

Zach's room

Before I introduce Zach's room I have a little vent first. 

I was trying to sew some stuff for the house and my sewing machine is broke-again. Ugg. I paid over $100 last time to get it fixed and I've only sewn 4 curtains and some ruffles since then. Sigh. I am really thinking about getting a new one.

Okay. Here's a shot of Zach's room from the home inspection. 

Notice all the wallpaper. 

Sigh.


From the doorway. 

Notice the carpet.


To earn some money so he could fix his broken iPod touch Zach removed his own wallpaper. 

I just had to spend a day on the adhesive....


And now here it is......


Zach chose everything for his room. 

The color is a gray/blue.

It took him forever to choose. The other colors are yellow and red because those are the colors of Gryfindor from Harry Potter.

On the right are some small movies posters we sprung for.


Zach chose a whole bunch of pictures to put on the wall. Mostly Beyblades, some family pics, and some of his artwork.

I really wanted to replace Zach's fan but we settled for spray painting the blades red and the brassy parts yellow. I was a little worried how it would turn out but it looks great.

Zach used an old canvas from the Cinci house to make his own artwork.

He painted the canvas gray, spray painted streaks of red, added some pics from the Harry Potter movie. 

And ta-da.


No Harry Potter room would be complete without Hedwig. Harry's pet owl.


A rundown of what we did.

Zach spent 2 weeks removing wallpaper.

I spent 1 day removing the adhesive.

Chris spent 30 minutes scrubbing the walls.

I spent one day painting two coats of paint.

One more day to remove the nasty carpet.

And one last day to hang up things on his wall and work on his closet.

So here's a reminder: 

The old:


The new:


I still want to:

paint the trim white

repaint the doors

add a few more pictures

in a few years the floors will get refinished

A note on Zach's blinds, he is allergic to dust mites so I have to keep fabric in his room to a minimum. These blinds are ones I can vacuum, which seems crazy but anything to help Zach with his allergies.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

EEEEE! Love it! Looks great. Everything looks so good. Love the floors so much.