Wednesday, April 27, 2011

An ode to Jenny

Is an ode a poem? If so, then I guess I shouldn't call it an ode. This is perhaps better described as a letter to a dear friend.

So I have this friend. Her name is Jenny and she is awesome. Seriously.

She Rocks!

She makes her husband breakfast every morning and even packs a lunch for him.
(My husband is lucky if he gets dinner).

She is a very giving wife!

She plans crafts for her kids, enrolls them in fun classes, supports their interests, goes outside and plays tennis, basketball, baseball, etc with them.

She is a wonderful mom!

She goes out of her way to save coupons and magazines for me. She makes homemade cards for friends and relatives.

She is a generous friend!

So why am I writing this, because I want to cheer her up. Jenny is pregnant with her 4th bundle of joy and some relatives made not nice comments to her this past Easter weekend and I want her to know she is beautiful and loved. Not only is she pregnant with #4 but her husband commutes to work 45 minutes away which means he is often home after she goes to bed (he's a principal and stays for sporting events, etc). And if that's not enough on her plate her house is on the market and has been for the last two years. She is handling it all with grace and love.

I love being around her, she is funny, kind, creative, caring, and just a wonderful person. I know that if I had everything going on that she does that I would not be 1/2 the person she is.

Jenny, I adore you. If you need me to bring some duct tape and rope to your next northern Ohio event I will only be 2 hours away and I'd love to kick some tooshie on your behalf.

I'll miss you dear friend.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Don't do that ever again and not give me warning! You stinker. I needed that, really. I can't say anymore because I am crying and I don't want to think about you leaving and all that other stuff. Anyway, thanks for making my day/week/year, you'll be missed more than you know.

I might take you up on that duct tape offer.