Monday, April 18, 2011

What's on my mind today?

Buster's home. We picked him up Friday from doggie boot camp where he has lived for the past month. He is like a changed dog. As well he should be for all the money we paid. He has to wear a leash and pinch collar for the next week as he gets used to the fact that we mean what we say. I think the girls wish he'd go away because they aren't allowed on the furniture anymore and we are making Izzy wear her bark collar. They want it back the way it used to be when they ran things. But I am loving it. It is so calm. No tipped garbage, no opened freezer, no yelling at Buster for getting into the sink or eating toilet paper or underwear! It's lovely.

I need/want a haircut. I really like Callie's hair on Grays but I think mine is too fine. I've been searching for one I love, one that is super easy but I haven't come across one yet......

Our Erie house underwent her inspection today. She has been very neglected, poor girl. The attic is covered in mold, the furnace exhaust goes into the attic space but the attic isn't ventilated properly for the carbon monoxide to escape...... The gas has been shut off by the utility company--we assume for unpaid bills. Our contract says all utilities are to be on for the inspection, the seller is playing dumb saying he didn't know it had been turned off--there is actually a physical lock on the on/off valve put there by the utility company. So frustrated! We are giving him until tomorrow to turn the utilities back on or we are withdrawing our bid. Even if he gets that done he's going to have to find 2-6K to fix the mold in the attic......It isn't looking good for this guy or us for that matter. To top it all off there aren't any houses in our price range that we would even consider bidding on at this point.

Aiden came home today with an oops. He hit another child. He was trying to hit her bear but accidentally hit her. When asked why he said "because I felt like it" Grrrr. He's been having major respect issues at home and now it's bleeding over into school. Luckily he has an appointment with his psychologist tomorrow.

Just a few of the things on my mind right now.....I'm sure there are lots of others that I just can't put my finger on right now.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Hang in there, all the frustrating things will go away soon. I am so glad Buster is doing better. Yay. What a relief. You deserve it right now. Sorry about the Erie stuff. What a doofus (the seller there) I mean, just be honest already! As for your hair, go for it! Hair grows, relatively quickly. I am going to Google Callie and see this for myself... :)