sorry it has been so long since I last posted but as you will read we've been having a very busy time.
Here he is on the tire swing with Miss Abby. He was pulling on a rope to make himself go back and forth, that boy is strong. This was the first time he had ever been on this swing and he was having a blast. He is doing really well with Miss Abby and she is just wonderful with him. She is a blessing for us and especially for Aiden.
9-12 Chalk kids. Drawn by the neighborhood kids.
9-13 Soccer pictures. I'm too cheap to spend $12 on a soccer picture so I have Chris stand off to the side and take one of our own. The boys won their game 2-0.
9-14 Well, we were hit by Ike. It was CRAZY. We lost power around noon. Chris had just started to steam clean the family room carpet and the power was flickering, he kept yelling at the kids to stop touching the outlet. After about 20 seconds of flickering it went out completely. This is a pole across from Zach's school that snapped in two and draped the cars there with power lines. There were houses in our neighborhood that lost shingles, a couple all the way to most of the roof, some houses lost siding, some lost trees, we only lost our two HUGE beach balls. In West Chester they measured gusts up to 94MPH! We had about 4 hours of strong winds mostly 30-60MPH.
9-15 Tonight a lot of the neighbors got together to make a feast with what we had available. We had Tuna, venison, chicken, and potatoes cooked on the grill. I was able to make mac and cheese, and green beans on our gas stove (I knew that was a good purchase :) We also had baby carrots, peanuts, veggie chips and mandarin oranges. It was quite a spread and I enjoyed every minute of it. When it got dark our neighbor projected Monday night football onto the side of the house (they have a generator) and people were driving up and parking in the street to watch :) I also met a neighbor from a couple streets over named Kristin who has a boxer named Maddie. She was the sweetest thing and I so wanted to keep her, I spent about 1/2 an hour on the ground playing with her. (the dog not the neighbor ;) Chris kept giving me dirty looks as there is no way we can have 3 dogs in the house but in 10 years or so I am so getting a boxer.
9-16 Chris went back to work today bright and early so I let the boys watch a video after breakfast on our portable DVD player which was (Thank Goodness) charged up. After about 45 minutes though they were ready to go outside for some fresh air and just before noon our power was restored. Part of me was a little sad though, we were having a lot of fun being outside and enjoying the nice weather. It was like camping but with a nice bed at the end of the day. It was an inconvience to have to throw all of our food away, especially after just grocery shopping on Friday, but we were so lucky to not have any damage to our home or our cars. We live in a neighborhood where everyone pitches in to help each other and there are children to play with. This storm could have been much, much worse for us and I feel so blessed that it wasn't. I am praying for those that were hit much harder by Ike.
2 comments:
Whew, you have been so busy girl, you need a break!
Glad we are out of the power outage. Aiden will do great this year at school!
Post a Comment