Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The beginning of second grade

Zach was able to meet his teacher on the 27th. She is very nice and sweet. I hope this is another good year for him. He has a couple friends in his class and is really looking forward to being back in the routine of everything.
Zach started school on the 28th. He was so nervous his first day and when we sat down to cuddle a bit before school he started crying.  Seems he was scared about the spelling test he thought he was going to have because he didn't know his spelling words.  After I reassured him that he wouldn't be having any tests the first week he was once again excited to be going to school.  
When school let out some of the other moms and I threw the neighborhood kids an ice cream party with lots of goodies to put on top.  I hope this begins a first day tradition, even if it ends up just being me and the boys and not the whole neighborhood. 

1 comment:

Christian said...

The boys are growing up so fast!