Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A lot of random

At least a couple times a week I open up all the blogs I read in tabs, mine is one of them and I guess I keep expecting the blogging fairy to suddenly post something but I don't think that is going to happen.....

I don't have time to give you a full update so here's a bullet point update:

*Aiden's IEP meeting went well. There were a few bumps but overall it went better than expected. All that prep I did paid off. 

*Two weeks ago I got a phone call from Aiden's learning support teacher, seems next year they are going to try an inclusion classroom and Aiden qualifies. Basically his learning support teacher will teach in his classroom for the language arts block and another teacher will teach the rest, sort of like now except he doesn't leave the classroom. The class will also have a full time aide. I haven't talked to Aiden about it yet because I don't really believe things like that until I see them with my own eyes. (the goal is to only have 18 kids in the classroom as well)

*Zach had his end of the year band concert. He rocked it, so proud! If I can figure it out I will post the video.

*That same week Zach had his karate tournament and placed 2nd in sparring (kind of like wrestling with style :) I had to keep my eyes shut most of the time and the boy who he lost to I would have tapped out after shaking hands and never let him get his hands on me. (the 1st place winner is also a Zach in 5th grade at Fairview and sparring is "his" thing, he's REALLY good, but Zach tried really hard and lasted 2 minutes, the rounds are 5 minutes long)

*If I had posted right after these two events of Zach's I would have said that we had turned a corner with Aiden and that he was doing so well and that we might be able to start going to his psychologist every other week instead of every week. But then things got bad again and we are struggling again. Thank goodness summer camp is right around the corner. (his summer camp is a treatment program for ADHD kids-8 weeks long, 9-5, 5 days a week. I'm hoping for big changes)

*We have spent the last 3 weeks working in the backyard to get ready for this weekend....my dad is coming to help us build a deck....and after 3 weeks of nice weather on the weekends it's supposed to rain all weekend. BOO!




*Our local Chick-fil-A had a date "knight" for mothers and sons last week so I took the boys. It was fun. nice to be with them. I'm trying to grow my bangs out but looking at these pictures maybe I'll go with bangs again. sigh.

I think that's it for now. Maybe, hopefully, I can post pictures next week of all the house projects I've been working on.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Hello lovely lady! So good to see you. Yay for Zach and hurrah for Aiden. I am proud of them too. I can't wait to see deck pics.

Sarah said...

So, so, so, so,so happy for all the random :) Love to hear all the happenings with the boys and the house and pictures! hooray! Things sound good and that makes me smile. I'll be checking back again soon...

Jenny said...

Hey cutie, I am hoping you have been busy and not avoiding me... but if you are avoiding me I guess that's ok, kind of. I am missing you tons. I texted you and didn't hear back and emailed, I'm kind of stalking here. Are you ok?! Call if you need to. Life is crazy but there is always hope. Big hugs from Ohio.

Jenny said...

Me again, Happy Birthday!!!