Here is the promised update on Zach.
Like Aiden's update the pictures aren't in any particular order.
Zach on the Disney cruise at Christmas. He was sick for most of the cruise. (See his flushed face--despite this picture he spent most of his time in the cabin) Poor boy.
We convinced Zach to wear some birthday streamers too.
He's at such a hard age.
10.
He's a kid but still needs us.
Makes for some hard learning experiences.
Zach is all about karate right now. This is from the break-a-thon in January. He did an awesome job. I'm so proud of his dedication.
Playing chess on the thanksgiving cruise. (Yes we know we are super blessed to be able to enjoy such wonderful vacations with family.)
Zach is great at chess.
Not so great at the losing (which rarely happens.)
Not so great at the winning, either. (needs to learn not to be so braggy about it)
I won't play him anymore. But Chris does. Doesn't "let" him win anymore. Zach is too good for that.
At Disney. Some 3-D ride. Star Tours maybe.
In Cozumel. Getting eaten by Piranha Joe. So glad that he can still be silly with us.
We don't embarrass him.
Yet. :)
Random picture from May 11th 2005. We had just moved to Cinci. He was a few months shy of 4 years old.
Time flies so fast.
He may be growing up but the attitude is still the same. :)
Being silly with my phone.
Doing homework in Tampa on Thanksgiving break. He's such a responsible student.
And he loves school.
I'm so thankful. He hated 3rd and 4th grade so I'm glad things are turning around for him in middle school.
Pizza at a diner in Clearwater.
Best pizza ever.
The boys still talk about it.
Not sure we will go back since Whitney and family don't live there anymore.
Bummer.
This boy is always eating.
Always.
Never stops.
He's just an inch or so shy of being my height (5ft 4in)
(side note:see the kitchen in the background? Yeah. doesn't look like that anymore. We tore out a few of the cabinets and replaced them.)
Zach is part of the STORM (Special team of Role Models) team at Lund (his karate studio). Because of this he was able to perform at the local children's museum. See him? He's one of the tallest? He did running side kicks to break a couple of boards.
I didn't get pictures of that part.
This team has been awesome for him. He teaches once a week (with a paid instructor), they are teaching the kids the 7 habits of highly effective people, he will be helping the owner of the studio at a bullying class for the elementary class. (how to defend, not how to bully :), and many more exciting events. This team has helped him gain so much self-confidence. In a good not annoyingly boastful way.
He has found "his" sport.
Another pic of his break-a-thon break.
Told you they weren't in any order.
You can't see it in this picture but one of those black belts in the background has his name on it. The studio orders them and displays them so the kids can see what they are working for. Zach hopes to earn his by the end of summer.
They are making God's eyes at school.
Zach.
My first born.
My little peanut.
My Zach-a-boy.
I'm so very proud of the young man he is becoming. So very, very proud.
He is sensitive, smart, caring, friendly, works hard, and he's a great student.
He makes my heart smile.
I know we have a bumpy road ahead of us now that puberty has entered the picture but I hope he comes through it with very few scars.






2 comments:
Big hugs to him, whether he would like it or not! He is so handsome!!!! I am so proud of that karate, Parker would be all over that board breaking so I am not going to tell him! I am so happy he is liking school, the eating thing scares me, a lot. Should I just move next to a Kroger now? By the way, we want some house pictures, I think the kitchen looked good from what I saw...
Rock on, Zachary !!
Post a Comment