As promised.
Here are a few pictures.
All of these were taken with my phone and most were taken soon after we moved in so you can see all the box fabulousness.
I will get more pics of the house up as rooms are "finished." The office is the closest to being done but I need some help from Chris on some things before it will be complete. ish. (Are rooms ever really done? Isn't that part of the fun of having a house?)
Say Hi to the front of the house. See all the green in the front gardens? it's 75% weeds. Sigh. Most of it is pulled/thinned out but I still have 3 huge gardens in the back to work on and some side gardens.
The previous owner was a major gardener-and a great one- but the house has been vacant for almost a year so right now the gardens need lots of help. Unfortunately for those beautiful gardens I am not a gardener. My mom helped while she was here at the end of May but there is SOOOOO much to do out there.
Sorry gardens.
So, so sorry I'm your new caretaker.
So very, very sorry.

One of the finished rooms of the basement.
Master bedroom. It is no longer a mess but one window still needs blinds (not sure why one window had blinds and one did not....).
The wallpaper border is down but I still need to paint.
The light/fan need to be replaced-you can't have the fan on and light off so for now we just unscrew the light bulbs at night. Sigh.
The closet also needs a complete revamp but I'm waiting until I'm ready to paint so I can paint the closet too.
Carpet is also going to go-it is very stained-but lucky us there are nice hardwood floors underneath. yay.
My dad built shelves while they were here for Memorial Day (I'll show those after I get them painted).
I want to paint, but I'm still not sure what color.
Have some things to hang on the walls.
I'm not even close to being done but at least everything is put away now.
No more boxes. Except for Aiden's giant box fort. So glad we have a playroom for that :)
See that wallpaper--floor to ceiling--took me approximately 16 hours over 4 days to get all of that off the walls. sigh.
It is now painted and everything is put away. yippee.
Still need a new light but I'm waiting on that one. For now Chris just rigged the chandy so that people don't run into it.
Ummm.....
Crickets chirping.....
It's open.
Ummmm.....
Big changes going on in here soon. I hope.
I would love to gut the kitchen and start over but it doesn't look like that will happen unless we live here for 5+ years so for now we plan on painting the cabinets, Chris is going to try to build new doors for them and I am scrounging around for organizers to make the inefficient cabinets work a little better for us.
For now that is enough but I will keep dreaming of the day I can take a very big hammer to these cabinets.
It will be fun.
Some stuff has been moved around.
Chris built some shelves for me (pic below).
Sconces have been changed.
We bought a white slip cover from www.uglysofa.com for the couch because of the 3x3 hole Aiden cut in the cushion.
Still need to decide on paint color.
We are thinking of sanding and staining the beams but lately I've been wondering about painting them white.....
The room needs new window coverings and I'd like an area rug for the space.
I know what I want to hang on the walls but I need Chris to build some picture ledges for me first.

Here are the shelves Chris built for me (I know you only see one but there is a matching one on the other side.)
Didn't he do a fabulous job! This was his first furniture build and it wasn't an easy one but he did a great job. Now he keeps asking what his next build is :)
I am using these shelves for my scrapbooks and they are already full so I'm going to need to think of something soon :)
Oh, and I'm going to paint the shelves white. I think. I should probably decide on a wall color first....
One of the finished rooms of the basement. This will be the "sensory room" when I am done.
All of the boxes are unpacked but I have all of my organization bins all over the floor so that I could figure out what I needed and what could be sold.
Because of all the work to be done in the main part of the house I'm not really working on this room right now but it will definitely be done by Winter.





2 comments:
Whew! You have been busy. I am excited for all your progress. I wish I was there to help you with the gardens. (not that i could in my present state!) Something about weeding is so relaxing... I'm a weirdo, I know. I really like to do it when there are no kids around and my neighbors aren't blaring their crazy music, doesn't happen too much. I hope you can get a lot done this summer, I know you will feel better getting everyone back in school if things are more settled.
I'm tired just reading about taking down all that wallpaper-way to go girl! Nice work too Chris!
Paint will do wonders for that house-just lots of white paint. I think the kitchen cabinets will look fabulous white-I think you'll love it in no time.
Post a Comment