Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I -heart- IKEA

I love Ikea. Ever since we visited one in NJ (I think...) when Zach was only about 8 months old I have loved Ikea.  I hoped and hoped that one day a move would take us to a town that had an Ikea and now my wish has come true.  So ever since Ikea opened in March I have planned and plotted what needed to be replaced with something from Ikea.  I have poured over their website and catalog for hours at a time, imagining all the posiblilities.  So now we have quite a bit of Ikea in our house.  This past month though we have added a TON of it.

I love these SAMLA boxes.  They are clear.  They fit in my kitchen cabinets.  They are inexpensive.  They are IKEA.  So I ask you: What's not to love? Occasionally I will just call out SAMLA when I'm in IKEA and Chris always looks at me funny and I have to again explain my love for SAMLA.  I am confident that if I do it enough he will begin to understand and I won't have to explain myself anymore.
This shelving unit we bought to replace our old one that just didn't fit everything anymore. I still need to go buy some fabric to attach to the back and hide the cords but it was only $50 total so I don't mind doing a little extra work.

This past weekend we conquered the garage with BRODER.  It was an all day project but doesn't it look so organized? I still have to add one more shelf (we bought the wrong brackets) but every time I go out to the garage I admire our new organized shelves.  

IKEA also helped a bunch in the playroom and now I am working on our closet and trying to decide what to do in the laundry room.

Did I mention that they have Small World so I can drop the kids off and browse by myself for 30 minutes or so?

I -heart- IKEA.

1 comment:

Christian said...

i heart turtles and sometimes I think i heart whoppers from burger king. i dont think about eating them though.