Sunday, September 25, 2011

Menu Monday

My friends have been posting their menus on Mondays and it has given me such good ideas that I decided to pop in really quick and post ours for the week.

The picture is really bad, sorry....


Monday--Spaghetti and Meatballs/garlic bread/corn on the cob (The recipe is from my mother-in-law and it is yummy. I always make extra so on busy nights we have an easy meal so this is in my freezer ready to heat up Monday night)

Tuesday--A new recipe from Sarah. It's a salad with avocado, tomato, and a homemade dressing. We can't wait to try it.

Wednesday--Tacos.

Thursday--Beef Stew in the crockpot. The boys have karate twice a week so on those nights I try to have one crockpot meal and one freezer meal. It just makes everything easier.

Friday--Pizza. Every Friday we have pizza. Every. Friday. It was a great idea at first and now it's getting old. We alternate between ordering and making with a frozen pizza thrown in every now and then. I am trying to come up with quick, easy, and different alternatives for Chris and I. The boys are thrilled to have cheese (Aiden) and pepperoni (Zach) pizza every week.

Saturday--Baked potatoes in the crockpot. The fall has proven to be very busy for us house wise and we are exhausted at the end of the day so I really don't want to cook so this is easy and fast.

Sunday--Leftovers/Fend for yourself. The is clean out the fridge night because I grocery shop on Monday so we eat anything that is still in the fridge or you are welcome to make yourself a PBJ or heat up some waffles but I do not make anything I can't heat in the microwave. (The boys are becoming quite good at making toaster oven grilled cheese.)

Well that's the plan for this week. With school here I've been better about eating/making what I buy and the leftover day has helped. I just hate throwing away food that I have bought.

**More about my sanity saving chalkboard in another post. I LOVE it!!

**I just synced 200 photos from my phone and that's not counting the other 400+ that are on our camera. I'm hoping to get some time this week to get some more posts up, including the boys first day of school, karate updates, kitchen updates, color question, bathroom curtains, family room curtains, a dresser makeover and the list goes on and on :)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Hooray! So glad you are trying the salad dressing! One thing I was going to mention on a post tomorrow is that good quality olive oil is kinda important. I used to not pay too much attention, but found that it was yummyier with the better stuff-not break the bank better-just a smidge.

Love the chalk board and pretty much can't wait for the pictures of your kitchen. Fend for yourself Sunday sounds brilliant. There is something about Sunday night that seems to get me flustered making dinner-enjoying the weekend too much/getting ready for school or something. I think I may adopt your plan :)

I'll be checking back in(not too soon as it sounds like you have some pics to get organized

Jenny said...

I adore that chalk board. I want one. I am curious, how do you make crock pot baked potatoes? Not to sound like a big doofus, but do you just throw them in there? I love me some taters and this sounds very interesting.

Can't wait to see some pics of the boys!