Monday, November 16, 2009

Conversation with Aiden

Chris and I were thinking about giving up Izzy to a family that was looking for their first dog. She just seems to not be so happy here...she doesn't like all the foster dogs we bring in and she would prefer that we treat her like a princess, hand feeding her chicken and giving her bottled water to drink. And we thought that she would adore being the only dog in the house like she was before we adopted her. But we knew we had to get the boys ok before we ever did that so I talked to Aiden first......

Aiden I want to talk to you about Izzy

Ok.

You know how she doesn't really like our house?

Yea

Well I think I found another home for her.

She's gone?

No, she's not gone but I'm asking what you think about giving her to a
new family.

If she's gone who will give me the best kisses? (said in that "I'm about to cry" voice)

Ok. Bud, she can stay.


BTW when I tried to have the same conversation with Zach he immediately put his head on the table and started to cry. So even if she hates it here she's stuck with us.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Ok, you just made me cry too. Izzy is staying, I'm siding with Aiden on this one ;)

Nana in Maine said...

I love Izzy, we must try to make her understand that love from your family is what's really important.