Wednesday, July 29, 2009
July recap
Here is a recap of July, in no particular order. Zach's birthday pictures are still on my camera, I'll post them later.
For the first time Zach went away for a whole week to a Christian camp (Springhill). It was 2 1/2 hours away. It was harder than I thought it would be to say goodbye. Here we are in front of his tee-pee.
I love this picture. It just describes so well where he is right now. On one hand he is old enough to be going away for a week "on his own" but on the other hand he's still young enough to want to hold my hand.
Here he is on the last day with his two councilors. They were wonderful and he had an awesome time. He really wants to go back next year but I told him we would have to see. He did the zip line and the "gusher" (a waterslide), he learned lessons from the bible, ate s'mores and had campfires every night. He learned campfire songs, went to a concert-even had his hand signed by the lead singer :) I missed him greatly and was surprised by how grown up he seemed when I picked him up. He was so much more respectful and responsible. (It has sense gone downhill :)
While Zach was gone I redid the boys rooms. For Aiden I painted his white bed red, made a cover with "rock star" fabric, made a poster that said "You are a Rock Star" and hung his Venus Fly trap posters.
For Zach- He got a new desk and chair from IKEA and shelves.
I also rehung all of the posters he ripped down a few months ago in a fit of rage.
I painted his bed black, got a cover from IKEA and painted some old shelves we had black for an endtable for him.
At the beginning of the month the boys went to my parents for a week. Chris worked a few of those days but he also took some time off so we could go to Columbus for a nice relaxing time away. This is the garden out back of the Bed and Breakfast we stayed at.
For awhile I sat outside with Chris and read by the outdoor fireplace. It was a wonderful getaway and I enjoyed every minute of it.
Here is Aiden with his Venus Flytrap that he got at Christmas. We transferred it from a small pot to a bigger pot and it's living outside for the summer.
Here is Zach with some of his Bakugan. This is one phase of boyhood I don't really understand along with Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow! Look out DIY, you might just have the makings of a new show... gettin pretty by the Palmers (sorry it's not too creative, best I could come up with). Love the new bedrooms.
Post a Comment