Monday, September 28, 2009

Still here

I am still here, just busy. With what, you ask? Here's an example:

Dear Mr. Palmer,

I have noticed that one of your duties as Vice President is going undone and I wish to address this issue.

Supervising children in the bath/shower, this includes:

*giving appropriate amount of shampoo to each child and making sure that suds are produced and whole head is cleaned
*handing over soap and making sure it is used in appropriate places in an appropriate manner and returned to you promptly
*making sure towels are returned to their proper place
*supervising youngest especially well so that he does not "explore" inappropriate items

Supervising the children during bath/shower time does not include:

*playing the DS on the bed
*surfing the web downstairs
*falling asleep on the job

It came to my attention this morning that during shower time last night our youngest broke the hour hand on the bathroom clock and took scissors, he used said scissors to cut soap into itty bitty pieces and possibly used said scissors on his hair.

If you can not perform these duties as described I will be forced to dock your pay.

Please be advised that I require a response to this memo within 1 business day.

Sincerely,
Kristin Palmer
President of Palmer, inc


Ms. President,

I acknowledge my failure in the bathroom/bathing space with said children. My action plan is as follows:

1. Actively participate in the bathing of the youngest child with greater rigor than playing DS
2. Addressing mis-use of cleansing materials to ensure proper storage and long term value
3. Review drying-off materials to ensure proper disposition in the appropriate location
4. Additionally, continuing a previous initiative, pushing the proper use of tooth brushing as a great long-term approach to proper oral care
5. Finally, I will continue to thank you for your sincere efforts in the business and express my undying love for you, respectfully.

As a member of this organization, you understand the great strains we suffer managing a dynamic facility, and I hope you appreciate my humble apology for the aforementioned transgressions against proper bathing practices. Be assured that my full will and intent is behind delivering a level of service acceptable to the Board of Directors, over which you preside.


Regards,
Christian Palmer
VP of Operations
Palmer, inc


Mr Palmer,

Thank you for your prompt response. Your efforts are very much appreciated.

Sincerely,
Kristin Palmer
President of Palmer, inc

3 comments:

Linda said...

I would not dock his pay--I would restructure his benefit package. Sounds like you got the response you expected tho.Glad the company is running smoothly again.

Kristin said...

this is even better the second time! - Chris

Murillo Family said...

LOL, I am dying here how funny you are!