Aiden's school does a staggered start for Kindergarten. 1/3 of the kids started Monday, 1/3 Tuesday, and 1/3 on Wednesday. Then they all went on Thursday. Aiden's start day was Tuesday and I went with him to fill out the stacks of paperwork while he was in class. Then on Thursday he rode the bus to school!
After school he posed for me in front of the Kindergarten sign. He had a wonderful first day. I was able to leave the room with just a kiss and a hug without any tears. When I picked him up he was super excited to go sit in the big yellow bus before we went to lunch. After sitting on the bus he said "I don't want you to come to school with me next time, I can do it on my own." That statement made me SO proud and happy!
Here we are at McDonald's for a celebratory lunch.
And this is Thursday. His first day on the bus. He just walked right on and sat down like he had been doing it for years.
No comments:
Post a Comment